During the city lockdown, particularly when all the dine-in services are banned, there is increasing use of non-biodegradable takeaway boxes and cutlery. We want to contribute to our society by understanding the impact of non-biodegradable materials on our local environment and exploring different alternatives to produce takeaway containers and cutlery. Most importantly, we want to create changes by thinking outside the box!
- We look into the impacts of non-biodegradable takeaway containers and cutlery on our local environment.
- We research different ways to make biodegradable takeaway containers and cutlery. We learn about various alternative ways to make those products from companies around the world.
- We become scientists. We test out different biodegradable materials to make takeaway containers and cutlery.
- We reach out to local restaurants/ catering companies and campaign for the use of biodegradable takeaway containers and cutlery.
- We create our digital audiobook to record our journey and bring public awareness.
The challenge we encountered
- It is hard to work together online!
- We don't have the right materials to make different kinds of takeaway containers.
The resources we needed
- We need a small amount of money to test out different alternative materials to make biodegradable takeaway containers and cutlery.
- We need contacts of local restaurants and catering companies.
- We need some experts' advice on techniques to create biodegradable products.
- We need YOUR SUPPORT!
Who are we
Our team teacher: Ms. Bobo
Team members: Joanna CHAN, Wilson CHEN, Lily CHENG, Dixon CHENG, Jadon CHUNG, Ka Lai Fong, Feng GAO, Kingsley CHONG, Ryan CHU, Hayden LEE, Chanel CHIU, Javis CHOI, Chloe YUEN, Ka Hin CHAN